Location: 5570 N. Lakeshore Drive Black River, MI 48721
St. Gabriel Church was built in 1894 under the direction of Fr. Julien Doucet and dedicated in 1895 by Fr. Joseph Poulin. In 1899 a piece of property was purchased to provide a cemetery for the Catholic in the area, Mt. Calvary Cemetery. On August 14, 1994 St. Gabriel had their centennial observance. A time capsule was buried around the same time that was opened in 2019 and reburied with new items. Many remodeling, additions and expansions have taken place at St. Gabriel over the years to help make it the parish we know today.